Buying a Quartzite Vanity in Central Pennsylvania
A vanity can be a focal point of your bathroom. It can also offer some much-needed storage and countertop space. When you’re choosing a vanity, you have a few factors to consider. Who will be using your vanity? What’s the layout of the bathroom? How many people will need space on the counter? You’ll also want to think about what material you want to use. For many people, quartzite is a top choice.
Quartzite is a metamorphic rock. It is made when heat and pressure, usually caused by tectonic movement, compresses sandstone. The result is a durable material with patterns where iron or other minerals were present in the sandstone.
This naturally-occurring substance is sold in slabs and gets shaped into sinks, vanities, countertops, and more. It is a popular option for vanities in central Pennsylvania because it is both durable and attractive.
The Benefits of Choosing a Quartzite Vanity
Quartzite vanities offer several benefits for your home. They are:
- Stunning. Quartzite comes in grey and white most often, but you might also find reddish and pink and even orange, green, blue, and yellow quartzite. The colors can vary depending on the minerals in the stone. Quartzite is similar in appearance to marble, but it is easier to take care of because it doesn’t scratch as easily.
- Unique. As a natural stone, quartzite includes distinctive patterns. Most slabs contain some streaking, which gives the stone a beautiful look. When you choose quartzite, you can be sure your vanity will not look like anyone else’s.
- Durable. Harder than both marble and granite, quartzite is very strong. It’s heat-resistant, which is an important feature if you tend to use heat to style your hair at your vanity. It is also resistant to many gentle acidic products, such as soaps and cosmetics, which typically end up on a bathroom counter. With proper care, your quartzite vanity will look beautiful for the lifetime of your home. Quartzite is also UV-resistant, so if you’re placing it in a sunny room, your vanity will remain free of fading.
- Low-maintenance. You will need to purchase a properly sealed quartzite vanity and have it resealed regularly to prevent stains. However, once it is sealed, the clean-up of quartzite is very simple. A soft cloth and some soap are all you should need.
- Versatile. Whether you have a modern or classic bathroom, the marbled look of quartzite will work well. Quartzite’s subtle colors make it easy to find a stone that will complement your bathroom tiles and accents, too.
Buying your Quartzite Vanity in Central Pennsylvania
If you’re in Central Pennsylvania and want a quartzite vanity to beautify your bathroom, Lesher Natural Stone, Quartz, & Tile can help. We combine our experience in quartzite and other stone with an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service. Look at the projects we’ve completed in our online gallery or visit our showroom to find inspiration for your home — and reach out to our team today to get a free quote for your new bathroom vanity.